If you were to take a peek inside hotel room trash cans after a trade show, you might be disappointed with what you see. While a visitor to your booth might be happy to take that t-shirt with your company’s logo emblazoned across the front or that stress ball with the silly design, it doesn’t mean that these tchotchkes are taking the journey home with them. So how do you stay out of the trash can and get into the suitcase? Here are some of the most popular giveaways among trade show attendees today:
- Microfiber cloths – With the prevalence of screens – smartphones, tablets, laptops, you name it – in our lives today, it’s little wonder that microfiber cloths to clean these devices get snatched up by attendees. As an added bonus, they are typically very affordable and cost-effective to ship too.
- Stylus pens – A regular old ball-point pen is great, but if you look around any exhibit hall, chances are good that many of the exhibitors are giving them away too. Stand out from the crowd with a pen that can do double duty as a smartphone or tablet stylus.
- Power banks – You might be starting to see a trend here; many of the most popular trade show giveaways today are related to mobile devices. The power bank is no exception. With the ability to charge phones on the go without plugging them in, these devices are hot trade show giveaway commodities.
- Reusable bags – A surprisingly low tech addition to our roundup, reusable bags endure as a long time trade show attendee favorite. As disposable bags fall even more out of favor in our daily lives, these giveaways will continue to be coveted at all kinds of events.
- Hand sanitizer – The world is a dirty place, especially when you’re traveling for an event. Hand sanitizer can help combat germs and is a much-appreciated giveaway for attendees in every season.